Sunday, December 31, 2006

These past few days God has gently been revealing a new way of living to me. It begins with sitting with Jesus. Just sitting at His feet and hearing from the One who refreshes and refines. It really has been a revelation to me. Basically, I'd been asking God about how my life is going to look over the next few months, with being on placement and with everything getting very hectic and overwhelming. To be honest, I've been peeing my pants about it all! I just didn't see how I was going to get everything done and not get run down and not start whithering. Found this amazing book called 'Sitting at the feet of Jesus' and have begun to realise how it is going to work!
See, if I do try and do all this stuff without first coming and sitting at Jesus' feet....it simply won't work. God says, 'Come and sit. Make me your priority and from that place everything else will come'. And if God says it, then I know it will work! I want to be the tree that has deep roots by the side of the river. With lush fruit and green leaves. I know that if I come to Him to be filled, this will be.
Blessed is the man who trusts in the Lord,
And whose hope is in the Lord.
For he shall be like a tree planted by the waters,
Which spreads out its roots by the river,
And will not fear when heat comes;
But its leaf will be green,
And will not be anxious in the year of drought,
Nor will cease from yielding fruit. Jeremiah 17:7-8

1 Comments:

At 5:42 PM , Blogger Claire said...

Hey beautiful girl. I am sitting here in the IHOP prayer room thinking of you and praying for you as God takes you deeper into the very core of His heart. I am discovering so much about how sweet and tender His presence and love is when we will be willing to sacrifice our time to sit at His feet, no agenda. May He rest upon you like the mist, His fragrance surrounding you, His honey words upon your lips, His sweetness of presence in your heart. I love you and cant wait to see you when I am back. Press in for Him, I am praying for you x

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home