Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Wednesday already, crazy! We had a beautiful weekend up in Warwick/Stratford for my mum's birthday. I actually love surprising people! We prepared this lush birthday picnic in the middle of this random park....autumn leaves, great views and lots of yummy food. She was totally surprised and just reminded me how much fun it is to do stuff like that!
This week has been good so far. Have felt a bit under-the-weather but generally ok. Just feels like it's time for a holiday! It would be sooooo good to have some time off and jet off and lie in the sun for a while. Jonny and I were talking the other day just about relationship with God. About investing time just being and not even doing or talking....Cell was great coz we just had some time sitting with Jesus and letting Him refresh. That's the most precious place to be, not busying myself or thinking of what else needs to be done. Clare had a word about 'you haven't always been a Martha' and it was spot on. I often find myself in the middle of doing something (even if it is for someone else and with the best intentions) and Holy Spirit will just gently tap me and remind me that the beauty is in the sitting. I want to be a Mary. It's going to have to be God changing me with that because I am so far from it at the moment!

Oh, also....this is quite a momentous blog! Yesterday, I was provided with a free laptop! Hurray! Funny, coz the day before we were praying about wanting God#'s fullness in every part of our lives....and that definitely includes my course. This will make life sooooo much easier!

2 Comments:

At 3:09 PM , Blogger Claire said...

Aww beauty, it was a word that hit my heart as deeply as I thought it might hit others. God is so gentle when He calls us and reminds us, never in condemnation only in love and longing :)

Thankyou for making time for Him yesterday, it was an awesome cell group meeting. i love you precious girl and yay for u blogging!xxx

 
At 5:19 AM , Blogger The Python said...

I know exactly what you mean!

I am a dreadful Martha as well!

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home